Connie Griffin, Bismarck Burleigh Public Health, ND
Connie has been responsible for the implementation of the new electronic health record (EHR) system, Nightingale Notes, at Bismarck Burleigh Public Health. Champ Software said Bismarck Burleigh would need to appoint a Champion for implementation, and they did— her name was Connie. She has been a true Champion and has exceeded expectations. Connie has:
- Set up the web training which included the original and extras as needs arose.
- Was the primary contact with the company with all trouble shooting for documentation and billing.
- Contacts Champ with staff questions.
- Works with the staff team weekly on development pathways and forms.
- Works with the team developing billing.
- Plans and holds the monthly all staff Champ meetings and determines when extra training and meetings are needed and schedules them.
- Sets the time tables for moving the Champ program forward in our agency to make sure we do not get bogged down.
- Helps other public health agencies across the state who are interested in purchasing or who are implementing Champ by sharing our work, setting up agency visits, visiting per phone or per IVN.
- Is working on policies and procedures to reflect the changes EHR are bringing to our office.